1. Zest and juice lemon. In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, cream cheese, cilantro, lemon zest + juice, and pickles. Stir well to combine.
2. Form the mixture into 10 to 12 crab cakes, pack firmly. Press to flatten out both top and bottom. Place the crab cakes on a piece of parchment and freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT FREEZE LONGER THAN 1 HOUR. Crab cakes should be firm, not frozen through.
3. Set up 3-bowl breading station:
• flour + garlic salt
• seasoned panko breadcrumbs
4. Place each crab cake into the flour. Pat gently with your hands to remove any excess.
5. Dip into eggs.
6. Coat both sides with panko.
7. Spray cakes top and bottom with vegetable oil to promote browning.
8. Add 4 to 6 crab cakes to air frying basket. IMPORTANT: Allow air circulation on all sides of each crab cake for best browning and to assure crispness.
9. Manually set the Air Fryer: Temperature: 400°F / Time: 10 minutes.
10. Flip crab cakes in 5 minutes. Check at 10 minutes; crab cakes should be a crispy, golden brown.
11. Repeat with remaining fish.
12. Prepare Tartar Sauce: Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate.
NOTE: Store leftover Tartar Sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.