1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and ½ stick of butter. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until fully melted. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
3. Cover a medium bowl with a fine sieve and sift in the flour, red cacao powder, cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add in the red pepper flakes and mix dry ingredients.
4. Add sugar and egg to a separate large bowl and whisk well.
5. Once the chocolate mixture is cooled to room temperature, whisk it into the egg and sugar mixture and add vanilla extract.
6. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in batches of three, mixing with a hand or stand mixer.
7. Fold in almonds and the remaining chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
8. For large chewy cookies, add two heaping tablespoons of cookie dough to the CRUX 10” x 15” Baking Sheet for each cookies. Leave about an inch and a half of space in between each cookie.
9. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the size and desired level of chew.